As promised, here they are.
- run my first full marathon (see previous post or www.nodm.com for more info)
- set a new PR in a half marathon (aka run my second half)
- run a sub-30min 5K
- participate in the Warrior Dash
- work on strength training
- “one other big running event” (I totally C&P’d that from Brandon, but it’s still extremely true and I am beyond excited about it)
- start trail running
The thing about trail running is that it is a segue into running ultras. Deb volunteered a few months ago to pace me in my first ultra, and a few nights ago I might or might not have issued a friendly challenge to Tara for us to run our first ultra some time this year.
Because what is better than a built in training partner that is a TOTAL BADASS? That being said, my running an ultra is not contingent on running with either Deb or Tara.
But. I’m trying this new thing in my life where I’m not willing to be stupid (I’ll get back to you on how that works). Meaning, I will listen to my body and if this isn’t the year for an ultra, then okay. Sure, I’ll be disappointed. I’d rather be a little disappointed than injured.