If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add a link at the bottom of this post so we can all see your post. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts.
1. Where is your cell phone? It’s on the couch, but it’s replacement is in my desk.
2. Your most significant other? On the couch behind me. I’m feeling all extra in love with him lately (not that I don’t usually love him, but I usually don’t have the overwhelming urge to share it with the blogosphere).
3. Your hair? It wants to be a dreadlock. I added a page with some wedding photos because it came up in discussion on Twitter and I’d forgotten about some of the shots. A few months after the wedding I cut it all off and donated it to Locks of Love. I ended up with the Posh Spice cut and the woman busted out the clippers on the back of my neck. I won’t lie: I cried. Actually, I cry every time I get my hair cut. I have flashbacks to my mom giving me bowl cuts. But it’s almost grown completely back. My hair is long, dark brown, but with tons of natural auburn highlights, and super shiny. I never ever ever use heating/drying tools on it, or put chemicals in it. I quit coloring it when I got pregnant and I won’t color it when it grays. I wish it was curly to the point where I consider perming it, but then I remember my mom, aunts and cousins’ hair from the 1990s. Yeah, no thanks.
4. Your mother? She’s my rock. I mean, my husband is my day-to-day rock, but my mom is the strongest, smartest, sanest, most loving person I have ever met. I’d be lucky to become my own mother. Except I won’t ever give a bowl cut to a child.
5. Your father? My dad is a goober. We haven’t always had the best relationship, but things have really turned around since I became a parent myself. My personality is mostly his, which is where all of our conflict stemmed from.
6. Your favorite (anything)? Watching my son grow and change. Babies are cute and everything, but nothing compares to watching a child learn and share their knowledge with the people around them.
7. Your dream last night? Sort of a strange real-future/potential-future hybrid regarding Badwater.
8. Your favorite drink? Water. Or coffee, depending on the hour.
9. Your dream/goal? To realize my potential. I’m working on it and it feels damn good.
10. What room you are in? The living room.
11. Your hobby? Mostly knitting and reading. I used to do more paper craft stuff (card making not scrapbooking), but I don’t have time any more. I like baking, but I haven’t done it in forever. Also, I love organizing things. And reorganizing. And maybe even reorganizing again.
12. Your fear? My most rational fear is that of failing. It’s held me back most of my life. My most irrational fear is of foam padding touching my skin. Seriously. The thought of it makes me nauseated. My younger brother and two cousins on one side both share this fear.
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Frack.
Hopefully Finishing up my PhD in Anthropology.
14. Where were you last night? At home. The oh so exciting life of the married parent/college student.
15. Something that you aren’t? Boston-fast. Yet.
16. Muffins? Meh. I can take ’em or leave ’em. The only kind I’ll eat is blueberry.
17. Wish list item? 2-3 extra hours in the day? A billion dollars? Another 4-5 lifetimes to do everything I want to do?
18. Where you grew up? 3 miles WSW of where I live right now.
19. Last thing you did? The last productive thing I did was go for a run on dead legs, make an appointment for a tattoo and then run home on even deader legs. Yeah, I said deader.
20. What are you wearing? Jammy pants and a hoodie that I accidentally stole from a gay bar at a bachelorette party (I thought it belonged to someone in our group since it was in a pile of our stuff. Oops.)
21. Your TV? Hella old. But it works and won’t be replaced until it stops working. Or someone buys me a new one.
22. Your pets? None, for now. I’m working on convincing Hubs to get a dog. I’m pulling for an Irish Setter. I really want a Great Dane, but he’s totally against that, for no good reason. ETA: I have a beta fish. How horrible of a pet owner am I that I didn’t remember him as being a pet? I think of him more as a decorative bowl. *Hanging my head in shame*
23. Friends? Truly amazing. Really. They take my breath away some days.
24. Your life? Blessed beyond belief.
25. Your mood? Happy. Fulfilled. Love. Peaceful.
26. Missing someone? I miss my brothers. They live in Houston and St. Louis and I don’t get to see them very often.
27. One place that I go to over and over? The GD grocery store.
28. Something you want: To own our own house. I HATE renting.
29. Your favorite store? Road Runner Sports. Did I really just type that? Holy hell. In real people clothes, I prefer the Gap/Banana Republic.
30. Your favorite color? I love colors. Almost all of them. Purple and orange are my favorites, but really the only colors I’m not very fond of are pink (all shades) and green (most shades). I love all shades of gray and most shades of brown (not the yellowy or greenish ones, though).